If you have been flirting with the ‘bang back and forth’ for a while now, you’ll know that it’s pretty common to be scared of the commitment that comes with committing to a fringe. Will you like it? Will you have the time to take care of it? How will you grow it out? As far as hair decisions go, it’s a biggie. Here, the Fruition Team take a time out to provide you with everything you need to know about joining the bangs club.
- First and foremost never ever EVER cut in or create a fringe yourself. Always leave it to the professionals. There is a definite art to creating this look and it is all about the way it is cut.
- There are several types of fringe and you want to work with your stylist to determine which one is right for you. Things to take into account include your face shape, hair length, hair thickness, and lifestyle. Based on this you may go all in with a thick blunt cut fringe or ease in a little with a longer, more subtle, curtain style.
- Once the cut is perfect the next most important thing to consider is styling. Make sure that your stylist shows you exactly how to style it once you get home, including the best products to use.
- When styling, always work on your fringe first before the rest of your hair as it will dry more quickly. You want to work the hair both to the left and right when blow drying, rather than straight up and down as you want to work out any natural tendency to split to a set side so that you can be in control.
- Dry shampoo will be your best friend! Any moisturiser or make-up on your forehead can transfer to your fringe so keep a travel size spray or powder on hand so that if there is any oil or moisture, you can quickly brush or comb it through for a refresh.
- A little more daring and want to make a statement? Make like Emma Watson and give the trickiest bangs a try- the choppy micro fringe. This look is fun and unexpected and works especially well from a pixie crop through to a lob.
For some banging inspo, check out these fabulous fringes we’ve taken from instagram…
Image cred: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfmd3EHhBRy/?hl=en
Image cred: https://www.instagram.com/p/BWdERmGF_NL/?hl=en
Image cred: https://www.instagram.com/p/BY9IPOKllD0/?hl=en
Image cred: https://www.instagram.com/p/BgpJwdwjm7P/?hl=en
Image cred: https://www.instagram.com/p/BcGt1qOhNzV/?hl=en